Tuesday, February 21, 2006

To Blog or Not To Blog...

I'm about to embark on a journey, both literally and figuratively, and I've decided to share my thoughts... with you and with myself down the road.

This is my first blog - and will be my first trip out of North America. I leave for Murano (Venice), Italy in a day and a half, and I have no idea what to expect - except that I'm starting to get very excited! I'll be studying for 6 days with Lucio Bubacco, then 3 days with Vittorio Constantini.

I haven't been on my torch for several weeks and I'm nervous about being in a class with so many experts. I had such good intentions about preparing for this experience - a book on anatomy for artists, a CD to learn some of the Italian language - and I'm as green as I was when I first learned that I was going on this trip. But I'm going to absorb every moment like a sponge, and when I get home I hope to be able to create something new and exciting - and tell you all about it in Italian. ;-)

Gotta go organize now... lots to do before I leave... still not finished with my taxes... aarrgghh! Maybe I'll just watch the Olympics for awhile.

Here's the mess I'll be leaving behind. Ciao-der!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!