Monday, July 06, 2009

Monday Inspiration

With so many projects in progress, I won't be able to get to all my inspiration pix for awhile. But this morning I took my camera with me while I was out walking before breakfast. I've walked by these trees many many times, and last week I took a closer look. So today I took some pictures for my inspiration file. Now I can't decide if this should be inspiration for a vessel - I think it fits that sort of object quite well - or if I should create another scarf with these sorts of patterns. That might be interesting - a rough looking pattern executed in some soft silk and wool to wrap around the neck.

Tree bark has such wonderful texture, and the roots of these trees get pretty gnarly. I've had first-hand experience with those roots. Several years ago, I was out doing a power walk with my hubby, and we were on the last leg - just about home. My legs were worn out, but I was determined to get home without slowing down. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying strict attention to where I was putting my feet. Some of these tree roots had come up out of the ground underneath the sidewalk and pushed up one slab of the sidewalk a little higher than its neighbor. My toe caught the edge of the slab and I became airborne. Not being trained in the art of gymnastic recovery, I found myself headed face first with not enough wits about me to roll when I hit the ground. I did a face plant on the sidewalk and put one of my teeth almost all the way through my bottom lip. That was on a Sunday - I had to go to work on Monday, and most of my work friends avoided me like the plague. I'm sure they didn't want to have to come up with something clever to say about my "spousal abuse". Sure enough, after I spoke with all of them they told me that they were pretty much convinced that that's what had happened to me. Yikes! That's just so foreign to me - my guy is one of the kindest people I know!

Anyhow, I've since befriended these nasty old tree roots and perhaps they will guide me in an upcoming project. But for now, it's going to be the ocean. I'm determined to get that one finished before I have another birthday. Since I'm a Capricorn, I guess I have a little bit of time left.

Now go have yourselves a happy and creative day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!