Thursday, August 06, 2009

A New WIP - It's For the Birds...

I've had birds on my mind for quite awhile now. Maybe it's because our neighborhood has changed over the last few years. The crows moved in, and I don't hear as many other birds as I used to. The mocking birds are now rather scarce, and I miss them! When I first noticed the preponderance of crows I started taking pictures of them in my back yard. One day I took my camera through the neighborhood to see what they were up to.

I've also been collecting pictures of birds in print and on the web... I even bought a ring from Kate McKinnon that has birds on it. She had them at the Bead & Button Show and I just couldn't resist!

Here are some of my birds from the 'hood. I like this guy - coming in for a landing to join the party.


I don't know what this poor bird did, but he/she sure is getting a scolding!


And this guy really likes living dangerously.


Today I decided to do something different in the wet lab - I made my first wall hanging. And, of course, I had to put a bird in there. Right now it's still a work in progress. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to embellish it, but I'll definitely be adding "stuff" to this piece. And I had so much fun with it that I'm sure there will be more of these in my future. I learned a lot during this process - things that I did wrong, things to look out for. But that's what it's all about, isn't it? Days in which I learn something new are little treasures! Here's a section of my wall hanging, waiting for some enhancements.


And once again it has gotten to be time for sleeping. I'll be dreaming about my next wall piece for sure. Have yourselves a happy and creative day!

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Love that wall hanging, Shirley! It is awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!