Sunday, August 02, 2009

A Quick Preview of a WIP

I spent the day working on my "earthy" vessel on which I will use one of the crackle white raku donuts that I acquired from MAKUstudio. It's all fulled and is on the rack drying - yay! What a job it was... mainly because I made a mistake. I pulled out the wrong template and was part way through building it when I realized that the template was way too big. OMGosh, it was challenging fulling this one and getting a decent shape on it!

Here are a few WIP pix that I took during layer 4. I built this vessel with 6 layers of "stuff". The dark fibers are Merino wool, the light fibers are Harrisville fleece which is a Merino cross fiber. It behaves very differently from the pure Merino and it was a bit tough combining the two. Now I have a vessel that has distinctly different textures on the top and the bottom, which I think adds a lot of interest! The colors and patterns in this one, which I haven't added in these pictures, are VERY subtle. I'll have another picture for you later in the week so you can see how I finished the top layer.

Dry Fibers - Layer 4


Layer 4 Wet


Sure doesn't look like much here, but the finished vessel looks quite nice.

And now I'm off to bed so I can get an early start in the morning. Go have yourselves a happy and creative day!

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

I'll be anxious to see the vessel, Shirley!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!