Sunday, March 12, 2006

Burano? They Sure Love Their Paint!

I wonder how often they take to their brushes? The houses all seem to be freshly painted with the brightest colors they can find - Alexander Julian would be proud!

What a sleepy little island. What do they do here besides make lace and try to entice the touristas? I managed to pick up a few gifts, as well as add to my meager scarf collection. But most of all, it was a very pretty day - good for a boat ride, a lengthy stroll, some local pix, and a late lunch back on Murano.

I've been spending my days walking, walking, getting lots of fresh air, walking... But I sure am itching to get back on the torch! I don't want to forget all the wonderful things I learned with Lucio and Vittorio, and I've got some ideas for new beads. I may even create a line based on my impressions of Burano - they won't be for the faint of heart.

Tonight I will start packing my suitcase of new treasures, which must be carried onto the plane. I just hope I haven't gone overboard. This will be a challenge...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!