Tuesday, March 07, 2006

How Can That Be?

Wow, tomorrow is the last day of class... where did the time go?

On the last day of Lucio's class last Saturday, I was completely overcome with emotion. As he finished up the big sculpture he did for Ofilia to take back with her, I had to leave the table - the tears were running down my face.

Monday we started Vittorio's class - a completely different style of glass work. And what a master HE is! I'm thrilled that I'll be bringing home 2 of his class demo pieces. I wish I could bring HIM home with me, he's like the papa I always wished I had.

We're all battling some kind of cold or flu - the 5 of us that are in Vittorio's class were having a coughing competition. I had a fever today, which really hindered my productivity on the torch. Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

Tonight we had a demo by Luigi, the local engraver. This is a dying art, and he and one other guy are the only folks left here who do this. His work is absolutely beautiful! His apprentice Amy has been our class interpreter, and she's a real peach - I hope she and I can get together when she comes back to San Francisco this summer.

I'll be in Murano for another week and a half after class is over, with absolutely no commitments. That will be really nice! More time to spend in Venice, a trip over to Burano, and perhaps a side trip to Florence. I'm sure this time will fly as well, and when I get back home it will all seem like it was a dream. I couldn't have asked for a nicer dream...

Ciao, ciao!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!