Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Another Day, Another Explosion...

Today was the 3rd day of class with Lucio the Maestro. What an amazing man to watch! His art is wonderful, his technique is magic. I can only hope that some day I'll be able to complete an entire figure without having it blow apart because I cannot get beyond my beadmaking techniques. I've got the mermaid's tail down pat, though...

The visit to the glass factory this morning was such a treat - like watching a symphony. Just how much glass can I carry home with me?

No pasta today! And no cappuccino, either. Good news about the pasta, not so good about the cappuccino... I'm such a creature of habit, and I've developed some new ones in this short time I've been here. I'm afraid that Starbucks just won't cut it when I get back home.

Murano is full of dogs. And they all seem to have a purpose. Different "personalities" than those in the US - they don't come up and greet passersby and it's rare to hear them bark. Maybe I should bring Niki here for some behavior lessons.

Murano is NOT full of cars. I haven't seen a car since I left the airport, and the nights are incredibly quiet. This morning, we passed by a "boat raising" on our way to the factory. How does a boat sink in the canal? Poor fellow.

Time for some visiting before bedtime, a little reading, and lights out. I haven't gotten home sick yet, I wonder when it will hit me...

Ciao!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!