Saturday, June 27, 2009

How Did Saturday Get Here So Quickly?!

It seems that it was just "Inspiration Monday" - and now it's Saturday. Some weeks are like that, where time seems to be running on turbo power.

I did have an opportunity to let Mr. Chihuly guide my work with fiber this week, and I'm very pleased with the outcome so far. I still have to embellish this vessel and I'm going to do that with some glass pieces that I haven't made yet. I haven't decided yet what those pieces will be. I might completely depart from the Chihuly influence and put my own "stamp" on the vessel. In any case, I'm so in love with this piece as it now stands that I'm afraid I won't be able to part with it. Then again, that happens with several of the objects that I create - like that raku vessel that I created to go with the tube beads from MAKUstudio. I should know better than to get attached to my creations.

Here are some WIP pictures. I love how different the vessel looks after I finish fulling it!

Laying out the vessel - first layer



After the final layer is in place



Fulled and dried - side 1



Fulled and dried - side 2


Well, since the time I first started writing this post and now, I had a bite of lunch and went through my stash of beads. Looks like I won't be spending any time on the torch to match up this one. There are 2 beads in my collection that I think are just perfect for this vessel. Now I'm off to find all the other embellishing materials so that I can get to work on fancying her up. The next pictures you'll see will be taken in the photo studio with perfect lighting - yeah!

Have yourselves a happy and creative day!

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

So far so good on that vessel! It looks great at this point.

Shirley Cook - Jumping Jack Glass said...

Thanks, Mallory - I just picked out all the embellishment "stuff", now I'm going to get to work!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!