Wednesday, June 17, 2009

When Inspiration Arrives in the Mail...

... I just change my plans and go with what feels right. And today, I will NOT be going out to find myself a new pair of shoes.

This morning, my little package arrived from MAKUstudio. I purchased these wonderful raku tube beads, and when I opened the package I immediately ran out into my wet lab. I recalled one of the purchases that I made when I was a vendor at Stitches West in February, and I just knew that I'd have to use it with my new beads. This is a single skein of hand-painted Merino wool yarn - whatcha think?

Now I'm going to go select the rest of the fiber that I'll work with on this project. It's been way too long since I've played out in the wet lab, and this will be a fine activity before I go teach my bead making class this evening. Stay tuned for a WIP update on this one. I have a feeling this will be a keeper for me - I mean, a girl's got to have some treasures of her own, yes?

Have yourselves a happy and creative day!

2 comments:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Yay! The finishes on Mak's beads are amazing and make them such fun to work with. I can't wait to see what you create with these :D I know it will be stunning!

rosebud101 said...

Those look like a great match, Shirley. I can hardly wait to see the final product!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!