Thursday, May 07, 2009

Bunches of Leaves

I don't usually make beads during the days on which I teach my evening bead making classes.  But with the Bead & Button Show about to happen, I don't have the luxury of doing other things on those days.  And this month, I'm teaching 2 nights a week.  So yesterday I spent some time in the glass lab making more leaves.  Today I had to make a non-leaf bead to get my mojo working, but I did make a few more leaf sets.  

Why am I making so many leaves?  My part-time collaboration partner Nanette makes jewelry kits for a beadwoven piece that she designed called the Poppy Passion Slider.  Each kit contains one of her lovely poppy beads and 3 of my small leaf beads.  Last week she told me that she needs leaves for 30 kits over the next 2 weeks.  Yikes - that's 90 leaves!  I hope I don't have to let her down.

Here are some examples of the Poppy Passion Slider.  I made the first one and used an extra leaf.  Nanette made the second one with a kit and the third one with two kits put together.  This is our 4th year selling these kits, and they're still in demand - how nice for us!

Here's the rest of what I rescued from the kiln this morning.  Some of them will go into kits, others will be for sale in my booth.  


And tomorrow I'll be hitting the torch nice and early so I can finish up the first half of the 90 required leaves.  On that note, I'd better go get a good night's sleep!

3 comments:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

You're going to be making so many leaves you'll think you've turned into a tree. ;p

They are all wonderful, Shirley!

Shirley Cook - Jumping Jack Glass said...

Thanks, Carol! If it weren't for a fabulous array of glass colors I think I'd lose my mind. :-)

rosebud101 said...

Love the leaves and the kits! Neat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!