Saturday, May 02, 2009

Mid-Process Beads

I just love word-of-mouth!  One of my bead making students bought a few of my leaf beads, put one of them on a leather cord, and gave it to a friend of hers at the gym.  Another friend at the gym saw it, said that the necklace was "amazing" and that she wanted one.  Thank you Lisa for spreading "bead love"! And Terri, you'll get pix as soon as I etch these babies.

So here are some of my "rain drop" leaf  beads, freshly cleaned prior to the final process.  The final process is masking off all the drops of water, etching the beads, then cleaning off the masking agent.  I'll get these finished today, then get some pix of the final leaves.  These are the most popular leaf beads that I make - next week I'll be making several more for the upcoming Bead & Button Show.




Now I'm off to do some masking, then out for supper, then some etching. Maybe tonight I'll get in a little fiber work too, yeah!

4 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Those are gorgeous leaves!

Shirley Cook - Jumping Jack Glass said...

Thank you! I just love making leaves... :-)

PolymerClayTutor said...

I can see why these are your most popular leaf beads... they are stunning! Good luck at Bead and Button! ~Cindy Lietz

Shirley Cook - Jumping Jack Glass said...

Thanks, Cindy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!