Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Wrap-up for 1/16

I don't know where the time goes, but the end of the week is here again - yikes!

I managed to get out to my "hot lab" yesterday and make a few beads.  It felt good to be back on the torch again, and rather than make the beads that I should have made (works in progress waiting for specific beads), I played around with some very expensive glass that does really interesting things when you change the flame atmosphere.  This is one of the beads that came out of the kiln this morning.  I'm going to turn this into a pendant - I have an idea about an unusual way to embellish it, since it's such an unusual shape.  I just need to decide which part of the bead will be the front.


I'll be working in the "wet lab" this afternoon.  I was out there for awhile trying to figure out what I have, what needs to be embellished, and what I'm going to make next.  Here's what my work table looks like at the moment.  The bowls and trays are projects I completed last year.  The vessels are waiting for me to embellish them, the "bullseyes" in the box are components that I made for my next scarf, and I've decided that the flower will go on a bag.  Perhaps I'll dye the silk for the bag today.  I need to make more vessels for my upcoming show and a few more flowers for my bag.  It's going to be a busy day in the wet lab for sure!


All About Treasuries

I have a few  Etsy Treasuries to show you today. I was featured in 1 Treasury this past week and I created 2 of my own.

Blue Between featured my Golden Peacock Felted Vessel in her "Injured by GLASS" Treasury.




Thanks, Pam! Visit her shop for beautiful handmade glass beads, such as this Organic Heart Focal Bead.











___________________________________

Here are the two Treasuries that I created over the last week.
The first is "COLOR POPS", which was in Treasury West.



And on a much lighter note, the second is "Warm OATMEAL on a GRAY Day".


Hope you all enjoyed this round of Etsy Treasuries!
___________________________________

Now I'm off to the wet lab to see what pretties I can cook up today.  Have yourselves a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

Shirley, that bead of yours is gorgeous! I can't wait to see what special treatment you will give it. Thanks for the mention, it's always a pleasure to include one of your amazing pieces in a treasury :)

Barrie said...

Your wet lab is VERY inviting!! What a fun batch of stuff! Can't wait to see some finished products! :) LOVE the new bead btw! Very pretty colors, very cool shape!

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

Shirley, It is so interesting seeing the workspace of other folks. What a fabulous bead that is!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!