Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some New Works In Progress

In several posts now, I've shown you my latest works in progress.  I keep wondering when someone's going to ask me, "Where the heck are the finished pieces?!".  I promise, in my next post I'll have something finished - in fact, I'm going to finish a piece tonight while I park myself in front of the TV with mom.

But in the mean time, I thought I'd give you a peek at all the vessels waiting for me to embellish.  I've got tons of work to do here, but I just can't seem to stop messing around with wet wool!  I've got several more vessels in mind - I'll need a clone to do all the bead work on them.  Any volunteers?  


And here is the vessel that I made yesterday.  I'm not quite sure how I'm going to embellish this one, but I've got the beads picked out for it.  I just love going through my stash of seed beads, looking for just the right colors and finishes for the vessels.  And sometimes it gives me an excuse to head over to my local bead store so I can add a new color to my ever-growing palette.


I was planning on heading out to the torch today to make some beads.  Instead, I got hung up creating and submitting the artwork for my next batch of postcards as well as hunting up my ad for last year's Stitches West show book so I could change the booth number for this year.  I'm hoping to get to my "bead lab" after dinner, it's been WAY too long since I've been on the torch.  But now I'm headed to the kitchen so I can do the dinner thing.  I think it will be pork chops, whipped yams, sauteed mushrooms, and asparagus.  How does that sound?

Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!