Friday, April 17, 2009

A Few New Beads

My torch time has been a bit limited, but I did manage to make some new beads that I will have at my booth at the Bead Society of Northern California show tomorrow. If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, come to the Oakland Convention Center and visit me in booth 315. Beads always look WAY better up close and personal! This is particularly true with my "cotton candy" beads. They have a sweetness and glow to them that I just cannot capture in a picture.



I'll have a few more sets of these in different colors. I also created more Seaside beads. One is currently in the kiln, here's the other.


And of course, I had to make more leaves! Here are some new ones - the one on the left is my fave! - and I have more in the kiln.



I also have beads and leaves waiting to be etched - my post-supper activity for today. Talk about last minute - that's me all over!

I'll be starting my de-stash process at this show. I have boxes of lampwork beads that I purchased from other bead makers years ago and I figure that if I haven't used them by now, it's time to say good bye. These are what I call "utility" beads rather than "collector" beads. Good grief, there's no way I can part with my collection...

And now it's pizza time. I look forward to seeing you at the show tomorrow!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!