Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Roses In the Wet Lab

This morning I got out early to have some radiology and lab work done. When I left the hospital, it was raining like crazy and I was glad I had worn my REI waterproof hooded jacket. Not that I needed to have a gorgeous hairdo for any reason, but driving home in soggy clothes would not have been so nice... particularly since I was already cranky from not having been able to eat or drink anything since 9:30 last night.

After I had a proper breakfast and a double dose of caffeine I decided to spend the day in the wet lab. I love hearing the rain on the roof out there, it almost reminds me of being in a tent during a downpour. Pam's Rose Garden bead and my coordinating long bead were calling to me, so I finished laying out the fibers for the Rose Garden vessel. It's gone through the pre-felt stage and I'll full it tonight while I'm watching who gets eliminated from the next round of ballroom dancing. Yes, I'm rather addicted to Dancing With the Stars. I took ballroom dance lessons many years ago, and I've always enjoyed watching most forms of dance. So tonight I shall vicariously dance through the rose garden. Here's a peek at the vessel before I pre-felted it, along with the inspirational beads. What do you think - am I in the ball park here?




So now I've got the fiber bug. And bug is right - I'm going to go out and start working on my next vessel, which will have a bug on it. I haven't decided yet if it will be a glass bug that I make or the shibuichi Cicada bead that I bought from Bob Burkett last June. I'll have to spend some time in the glass lab and see what I come up with. But that will be later this week, today is a wooly day for sure.

Have yourselves a wonderful creative afternoon!

3 comments:

:-) MaryLou said...

Glass and fiber are such nice addictions, though, aren't they?

(I'm visiting via SandFibers' blog, in case you're wondering where I came from.)

:-)

Shirley Cook - Jumping Jack Glass said...

Hi, MaryLou! :-) Ah yes, glass and fiber - my favorite things! So very different from each other yet so... mmm... simpatico.

Rita'z R-tistic Ramblez said...

Shirley, That is fabulous and yes your bead and Pam's look perfect together. I love it!!! Yum!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Color Inspiration!